Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rory MacDonald Feels He Is Ready To Headline UFC 152 Against BJ Penn


Overshadowed by yesterday’s UFC 148 media call with Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen, the Ultimate Fighting Championship also held a media event for the upcoming UFC 152 event in Toronto, Ontario. On hand was UFC welterweight Rory MacDonald and UFC Canada exec Tom Wright.
In this interview with ‘The Waterboy,’ MacDonald was asked about how the fight with BJ Penn came bout, fighting in Toronto, and the possibility of headlining the event.
“Always a great experience, I love fighting in Toronto. It’s a short trip from Montreal and the fans are always great…I feel that I’m ready to be the main event on this card seeing that Cain (Velasquez) and Junior (dos Santos) are out. It put’s me in a great position here in Toronto, I have a lot of fans and I’m ready to sell the fight.”
UFC 152 is expected to take place on September 22, 2012 at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto, Ontario. Tickets for the event go on sale July 27.