Friday, December 10, 2010

Interview with Semmy Schilt

photo
On December 9th at a Tokyo hotel, fighters expressed their excitement about the upcoming FieLDS K-1 WORLD GP 2010 FINAL. Part4: Semmy Schilt, Daniel Ghita, interviews!!

Semmy Schilt
Q: What's your condition like now?
A: It's good.

Q: What do you think of Kyotaro?
A: He has good boxing and moves a lot. He also has good kicks. I think I'll need to corner him.

Q: Kyotaro has said he is looking at this as a single fight just to stop you. How do you feel about it?
A: Me too.

Q: What sort of fight do you want to have?
A: Of course I have a plan, but you'll need to watch on Saturday to see it.

Q: You might have to fight a team mate, so will that bother you?
A: This time it is okay. I already fought Errol for the title. That was the first time to fight a team mate. I think we are professional fighters though, and we will fight hard.

Q: Who do you see as your rival?
A: Myself.

Q: How do you feel about all the attention towards Alistair Overeem?
A: I don't think all the fans see it that way.

Q: You've been fighting in Japan for a long time now. How does it feel?
A: It still feels very special to fight in Japan. It comes from the budo background. I still enjoy fighting here very much.

Q: This will be your fifth championship if you win it, how does that make you feel?
A: I'm very aware of it and the opportunities it will bring. I'll do my best to win it.

Q: Please give a message to the fans.
A: Hello, I am Semmy Schilt. I will do my best on Saturday, so please support me.

Q: Last year's tournament you won in record time. Do you plan to do so again?
A: I have no such plan to beat that. I don't care how many rounds it takes, but I will take the belt home.

Q: Would you like to break the record though?
A: it would be great.

Q: Does age affect you at all?
A: Not yet.

Q: Who do you believe will be your opponent in the final?
A: It could be one of 6 people including the reserve fighters so I won't bother speculating. I don't care who I face.

Q: What do you weight now?
A: I think I am 132kg. Maybe a little more, but I'm not sure.


Props: WGP

No comments:

Post a Comment