Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chris Leben Say’s DUI Charge Won’t Affect UFC 125 Fight

Chris LebenFor UFC middleweight Chris Leben (25-6) a recent DUI charge isn’t something that has him worried even with his upcoming UFC 125: Resolution bout with Brian Stann.
Leben was arrested in October on suspicion of DUI and will head to court in February of next year. “The Crippler” was a recent guest on The MMA Hour to speak about the incident and his upcoming fight.
“George [W.] Bush got a DUI and he ended up being the president. I really feel as though nothing’s really going to happen with it, honestly. I don’t want to talk about it too much, and it’s still in the works. But I don’t think it’s going to be a big deal…Basically, I told them the same thing I’m telling everybody. Hindsight’s 20/20. Yeah, I made a mistake. My blood-alcohol level was never checked. Did I have a few drinks? Yes. Was I hammered? No. Other than that, I’m not saying anything because it’s still…it’s not finished. For now I have [stopped drinking]. You know, it’s a one day at a time deal with me. Right now I’ve got some great people around me. …[Drinking is] the last thing on my mind. Obviously, it’s going to be in front of me at another time, and I’m going to have to make that choice then.”

No comments:

Post a Comment