Friday, September 20, 2013

Gustafsson: I’m going to shock the world Saturday

The odds for Saturday's world title fight between Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson range from 9-1 to 20-1 for 'Bones.'
However, you don't know what is going to happen in mixed martial arts, which is why you have the fight. And Gustafsson isn't taking any of the doubters personally.
“Not at all. I don’t takes anything personally," said 'The Mauler. "I don’t read too much. I don’t think too much. I’m going to go in there and shock the world on Saturday."
“I’m more than prepared. I can’t wait to get in there. I’m just living the dream right now. I’ve got a one in a lifetime shot and I’m going to do the best of it.”
Jones thinks Gustafsson's best is not good enough.
“I think I have a lot more tools in this fight to win the fight,” said Jones.
“I’m going to do all kinds of unpredictable spinning elbows, flying knees, shots, fake shots, all types of stuff. He really needs to be on his game.”
“I’m fighting a guy who throws punches. Alexander’s boxing defence, I’ve said it a lot of times now, is not that good … He’s a good puncher, he has pretty good footwork. Not a great boxer."
Jones famously has Phillippians 4:13 tatooed on his chest - “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.”
By contrast, Gustafsson adds a shark tooth every time he wins.
What do you think guys? Does "The Mauler" add another shark tooth, or will Jones win again through him who gives Bones strength?