Monday, July 2, 2012

UFC Middleweight Cung Le “Trained A Lot Smarter” For Upcoming Bout Versus Patrick Cote

 Former Strikeforce middleweight champion Cung Le (7-2) will look to win his first bout inside the Octagon this coming Saturday (July 7, 2012) when he welcomes back former UFC title challenger Patrick ‘The Predator’ Côté back to the top promotion as part of the main card for UFC 148.
Le debuted with the UFC last November versus Wanderlei Silva in the main event of UFC 139. Despite earning the “Fight of the Night” bonus for the scrap, Le would come up short suffering a second round TKO loss to ‘The Axe Murderer.’
Speaking to MMAWeekly Radio, Le discussed his preparations for Côté and the training camp changes he made for this fight.
“Training with bigger guys like King Mo and all the good fighters over there at AKA, you get banged up. It seemed like I was getting injured every other week. So definitely, that was the biggest part in being healthy for the fight.”
“I just want to compete at the highest level I could and perform to the best of my abilities. I feel like I have a great training camp. It’s not like I went from Wanderlei and started filming movies,” explained Le. “I healed up and got right back in there and changed my training regimen around to make sure that I realize I can’t just go 185 percent all the time and wear down the body.
“You got to rest, you got to recover and you just got to train smarter. For this camp, I trained a lot smarter. I’m in a lot better shape. I’m going in without being all banged up. Sparring with King Mo every other day took its toll on my body.”
UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II takes place on July 7 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The main card will air live via pay-per-view with prelim matches being shown live on FX television and via streaming video on the web on Facebook.