Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Patrick Cote Wants Fans To Remember Him For Knocking Out Cung Le, Not Losing To Tom Lawlor

 Former UFC middleweight contender Patrick ‘The Predator’ Côté (17-7) will look to make a successful Octagon return this Saturday (July 7, 2012) when he faces former Strikeforce champ Cung Le on the pay-per-view card of UFC 148.
Most fans saw Côté last in a unanimous decision loss to Tom Lawlor back in October 2010 at UFC 121. It was a third straight defeat for ‘The Predator’ who was submitted by Alan Belcher at UFC 113, and ended up injured at UFC 90 in a title bout with champion Anderson Silva.
This weekend Côté wants fans to remember him for this fight with Le rather than for his loss versus Lawlor. Côté explains how he plans on making this a memorable fight in his latest blog at Sportsnet.ca.
Ultimately, I think it’s going to be a spectacular fight. I respect Cung as an athlete and man, and there is no need for trash talk going into this one. We both do our talking with our fists and we are both known to be exciting fighters. If I don’t bring my A-game, I will have a lot of problems, and that is why I have trained so hard in camp to prevent that from happening.
This win on Saturday will probably be the most satisfying win of my career to date. I’ve come through a lot in the last year and a win over Cung Le will erase my poor performance against Tom Lawlor the last time I was in the UFC. I don’t want UFC fans to remember me for that fight, and I’ll do my best to erase it from their memory on Saturday. That’s my biggest concern. That fight against Lawlor is in my head and my heart and I want to remove it as soon as possible.
I want UFC fans to remember me for beating Kendall Grove and Ricardo Almeida, not for what happened against Tom Lawlor. Better than that, I want them to remember me for knocking out Cung Le on Saturday night in Las Vegas.