Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fedor Announces Retirement “The Time To Go Was Coming”

Following his win over Pedro Rizzo last week (June 21, 2012) at the M-1 Global: Fedor vs. Rizzo event in St. Petersburg, Russia, mma legend Fedor Emelianenko announced his retirement to the world. At the event a member of HDNet’s “Inside MMA” program, who interviewed the former Pride heavyweight champion following the post-fight press conference.
The video above is just a clip of that interview from Monday night’s “Inside MMA” program.
“People will accept my decision. They gotta understand that it’s my decision and I’ve got to go.You shouldn’t be disappointed that I’m leaving. Life is going on. I want to thank everyone who has supported me. Eventually the time to go was coming. My time has come. We’ll try to make some new MMA stars.”
When asked if he’d come back for a fight with a big-name fighter such as Brock Lesnar, ‘The Last Emperor’ responded by saying “I’m not promising, but anything is possible.”