Monday, October 10, 2011

Dana White says he would be pretty stupid not to book Silva vs. Sonnen II


On Saturday, October 8 Chael Sonnen returned to the Octagon for the first time in 14 months. Sonnen easily handled Brian Stann, earning a second round submission victory. After the fight Sonnen ignored Joe Rogan’s post-fight interview question, instead electing to challenge current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, who was in attendance.

“Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck,” Sonnen said. “Super Bowl weekend, the biggest rematch in the history of the business. I'm calling you out Silva, but we’re upping the stakes. I beat you, and you leave the division. You beat me, and I will leave the UFC forever."

With Sonnen throwing the gauntlet down, the potential fight was fresh in UFC president Dana White’s mind when he spoke to the assembled press after the official press conference had ended.

White had the following to say about the potential bout, “Those guys don't like each other. I don't know if Chael really hates Anderson as bad, but Anderson, I don't know if any of you saw his face when he (Sonnen) won. He wasn't doing the whole joking around thing. He was pissed.” White was then asked if he was going to make the fight happen, “Probably, yeah, more than likely, yes I'm doing it. I don't like to commit to anything the night of the fights, but yeah, I think it would be pretty (expletive) stupid if I don't make that fight." – for more see MMAWeekly.com

What do you think LowKick’ers, is Silva vs. Sonnen II the best possible main event for the Super Bowl weekend fight card?

No comments:

Post a Comment