Monday, May 23, 2011

Rashad Evans apologizes for the "White Boy" comments



“Yeah I did say that to him but he also said a lot of things to me that I didn’t want to put out there. I mean, we were arguing – I said a lot of things, he did, back and forth, you know? But I did call him a fake ass white boy, I did. But its not that I think being a white boy is a bad thing, its not against white people in general. Its an insult to him because he’s not white, you can see where the insult comes in. That’s the extent of the insult right there – its not an insult against white people, its that he’s black and I’m calling him white.


If I offended anybody I deeply do apologise, some of my best friends are white. I got no problem with white people it was just a simple fact that to be a black person and be called something that you are not is very offensive.” - MMAWeekly.com

Actually, it's not the first time Rashad Evans uses a somewhat controversial terminology. In the build-up for the fight against Quinton Jackson at UFC 114, Evans called Rampage "Uncle Tom", later adding that his antics make all black people look bad. Rashad Evans's next fight will take place on August 6th, over a year since the encounter against Rampage (his single fight in 2010), headlining the stacked UFC 133 fight card.



Photo: Francis Specker | CagePotato.com

No comments:

Post a Comment