Friday, December 10, 2010

UFC 124 Predictions








By Leo Zapata
I volunteered to jump in and contribute to the site, what better way to start a discussion than with some predictions for tomorrow night's fights. Let's get into it:

GSP vs. Josh Koscheck - I see Kos coming out aggressively and putting Rush down for the count. Koscheck by TKO in the 1st.

Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve vs. Sean "Big Sexy" McCorkle - McCorkle hands out thrashings and Struve loves taking them. Expect brutality, McCorkle by TKO in the 2nd.

Jim Miller vs. Charles "Do Bronx" Oliveira - It's Oliveira's time to shine, but I don't think he'll put away Miller. Oliveira by UD.

Joe "Daddy" Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig - I'm surprised that this fight didn't happen years ago when both fighters were fighting for King Of The Cage. I train at Millennia and my heart is pulling for Danzig, but Stevenson will catch him late in the 3rd. Stevenson by sub in the 3rd.

Thiago "Pit Bull" Alves vs. John "Doomsday" Howard - As almost always with Alves, the question will be his weight and how he cut. I'm thinking his new diet will work wonders. Alves by KO in the 1st.

Mark Bocek vs. Dustin Hazelett - A couple of submission guys that desparately need a win. I think Bocek will come out on top with a close UD.

Jesse "Water" Bongfeldt vs. Rafael "Sapo" Natal - This might be the fight of the night. I think the veteran Bongfeldt will pull off the win by UD.

Matt Riddle vs. Sean Pierson - Riddle has a pretty good record, but the UFC-debuting Pierson is going to come out hungry, ready to seal the deal. Pierson by TKO in the 2nd.

Joe "El Dirte" Doerksen vs. Dan Miller - El Dirte has fought everyone and their brother. He'll score the UD victory.

TJ Grant vs. Ricardo "Big Dog" Almeida - Expect a very technical fight, Almeida by UD.

Pat "Awesomely Awesome" Audinwood vs. John "The Bull" Makdessi - The Bull by KO in the 1st and may get the KO of the night bonus.

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Allright Leo,

    That's great stuff..clear,concise and best of all right to the point.

    You're not selling me quite yet on that GSP vs Kos prediction, but hey it could very well happen. I see GSP defending and standing with Kos. I think it will come to conditioning and how clear GSP's head is.

    I personally don't care for Kos as a person, forming that opinion after several encounters with him personally but he's a great athlete.

    I'll be looking forward to working with you in the future and if you need anything, dont't hesitate to ask....Awesome stuff, keep it coming...

    Brett

    ReplyDelete