Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stephan Bonnar Ready To Take Center Stage Saturday Night

Stephan_Bonnar
UFC light-heavyweight “The American Psycho” Stephan Bonnar (15-7) is ready to take center stage again when he meets Croatian Igor Pookrajac (22-7) in the main event of the “TUF 12 Finale” in Las Vegas.
“I’m real comfortable fighting on big shows,” says Bonnar. “To fight on big cards means a lot to me, and let me tell you, that win against Krzysztof Soszynski in July on one of the biggest cards in UFC history is awesome. My heart was crushed over what happened in Australia and to have a happy ending to the whole Krzysztof saga is just great…He’s throws hard punches and he’s got a good gas tank, so I can’t stand around and get him by him. I don’t think too much of his top game on the ground but he’s got a good guard. I haven’t seen anybody do too much damage to him on the ground. But I’m ready in all areas of the fight game right now. I’m better at striking. I’m better at submissions. I might even be a better wrestler. My camp has really clicked. I’m putting in the work and we have a pretty good game plan working.”
Bonnar is coming off a big win over Krzysztof Soszynski at UFC 116 in back-to-back fights with the Polish-Canadian fighter. The win more than likely saved his job with the UFC after dropping three straight fights. He dropped unanimous decisions to Jon Jones at UFC 94 and Mark Coleman at UFC 100. His previous fight with Soszynski ended after Bonnar was cut badly on the head by an inadvertent headbutt, which caused the ref to stop the fight and award a TKO win to Soszynski.
HT: UFC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment