Friday, December 3, 2010

The Only Way Leonard Garcia Can Top “Korean Zombie” Fight Would Be To Face Jose Aldo

leonard_garcia_200Featherweight fighter Leonard Garcia (14-6-1) is prepared to make his return to the UFC this Saturday as part of the “TUF 12 Finale” against cast member Nam Phan.
Probably best known for his WEC 48 “Fight of the Year” candidate with the “Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung last April. Garcia feels that the only way he could possibly top that fight for excitement, would be to face featherweight champion Jose Aldo.
“I believe that Jose Aldo is the guy I can top that fight with. I believe he’s got an amazing chin, great kickboxing, and he’s willing to stand with every single person he fights. In order for me to get to that goal I’ve got to beat a couple more people and work my way up the ladder to get to him. Nobody’s found a chink in his armor yet, but it’s a matter of time before somebody does, and I’m just gonna be sitting back, climbing my way up the ladder, and I believe that when me and him finally do meet each other, that will be the fight to top all fights.”
Garcia is coming off a split decision loss to Mark Hominick at WEC 51 in September, putting his record at 1-2-1 in his last four fights. He earned a split decision over Jung at WEC 48, fought George Roop to a draw at WEC 47, and lost a unanimous decision to Manvel Gamburyan at WEC 44.
HT: UFC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment