Saturday, December 25, 2010

Junior dos Santos: "The Belt Is Coming to Brazil"

Junior dos Santos revealed that UFC president Dana White told him that in case of a victory over Cain Velasquez, there is the possibility that the Brazilian can defend the belt in his homeland.
"That motivated me so much. The UFC coming and people having the opportunity to see the greatness of the show will be a big step for us to be recognized."

"For a while my preparation is calm. I’m just getting stronger to start the explosion work later on. I’ve been focusing boxing, jiu-jitsu without forgetting takedown defense and also training takedown attacks. If the chance comes up I can put him down as well. The things are getting along well. I’m just anxious to know when this [fight] is going to be."

"The belt is coming to Brazil. I’ve got all the conditions to become the fourth Brazilian champion currently."
-- Check out the full video interview with Junior dos Santos at PortaldoValetudo. (translated by Fighters Only)
Junior "Cigano" dos Santos (12-1) +190
Win Roy Nelson - Decision (Unanimous) UFC 117
Win Gabriel Gonzaga - TKO (Punches) UFC Versus 1
Win Gilbert Yvel - TKO (Punches) UFC 108
Cain Velasquez (8-0) -250
Win Brock Lesnar - TKO (Punches) UFC 121
Win Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira - KO (Punches) UFC 110
Win Ben Rothwell - TKO (Punches) UFC 104

No comments:

Post a Comment